Paying Your Mortgage
Paying your mortgage
Mars Capital allows customers to make payments to their mortgage at any time during the calendar month in which it is due. We recommend that customers pay by Direct Debit to guarantee that payments reach your mortgage account on time each month. Please contact us if you wish to arrange to pay by Direct Debit.
If this is not suitable you can also make payment in any of the following ways:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions below, click ACCEPT, and you will be able to make a payment Online via our secure portal
- Bank transfer via your online banking or via paying-in slip at your bank – please contact us for the correct bank account details
- Standing Order
- Cheque or Postal Order made payable to Mars Capital and sent to our address.
Important, please read: We are currently unable to accept any payment(s) over the telephone whilst we adapt to the current, COVID-19 situation and a change to our operational environment. We therefore recommend that you make payment(s) via our secure online portal, details of which can be found at the foot of this page.
Ensuring your payments arrive on time
Although payment flexibility is provided to allow customers to choose when and how to pay, it is important to highlight that should you choose to pay at month end by any other method than Direct Debit, payment may not reach Mars Capital on time. Please note that if we do not receive your payment within the calendar month in which it is due your credit file may be adversely affected.
If you pay your mortgage by online transfer from your bank or building society on a weekend or bank holiday at the end of the month, your payment is NOT guaranteed to arrive in time to be credited to your account within the same month. To ensure we receive payment on time we recommend that you make payment no later than 2 business days before the end of the month in which it is due.
Online Mortgage Payment Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using this online facility you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions.
- Mars Capital will only accept payments by debit card. Credit card payments are not acceptable.
- The debit card must be in your name and registered at the address we hold on file.
- Third Party Payments: Mars Capital do not accept payments from a third party not named on the mortgage account. .
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct account due to you entering incorrect information.
- Payments are credited to your mortgage account upon successful completion of the transaction. Email notification will be sent immediately for both successful and declined payments.
- In no event, either in Tort or Contract, will Mars Capital Finance Limited be liable for damages arising from the use of or inability of the user to use this site.
- Refunds / Cancellations: If you wish to cancel the payment or feel you are owed a refund, please contact us on 0330 818 6000.